What are the factors you should consider before buying a basin mixer?
If you have already decided on purchasing a basin mixer and deciding on the factors you should consider before buying one, then you obviously know its advantages over other taps. But for starters, we will begin with what it is in the first place.
a basin mixer tap?
A basin mixer is a kind of tap that combines your hot and cold water feeds to flow out through a single spout, which can be controlled either by a single lever or twin-handles to attain the desired flow of water at a particular temperature. In other words, it is a device that helps you control both the temperature and flow of water coming out of the tap.
Now that you know what a basin mixer tap is, you should be aware of its advantages over other taps
should consider using a mixer tap?
Unlike the more traditional method of drawing water from hot and cold pillar taps separately, thus keeping the flow separate; a basin mixer draws from both the hot and the cold water supplies, mixing the flow together, before pouring out of a single spout at the desired temperature and water flow. There are many benefits of using a basin mixer as listed below.
- 1. Style: Basin mixers have a more sleek and contemporary look. The handles can vary from traditional rotating cross-head that can lend elegance to an ornate bathroom to levers that can match the sleek lines of a modern bathroom. They can be turned one way or the other or lifted up or down to control the flow.
- 2. Better control, more versatile: With two separate faucets, you have two separate flows of water to manage – hot and cold. Unless you are filling the bathtub or your basin, using two separate taps to arrive at an optimum temperature is rather difficult. And can you recall when you last filled in your basin with hot and cold water? Basin mixers on the other hand, are versatile devices that can mix hot and cold water supplies to flow out through a single spout at an optimum temperature. It also controls the desired flow of water coming out of the spout.
- 3. Greater Convenience: The way we generally wash our hands and face with cold water during summer is not possible during winter. If you have two separate taps on a basin for running hot and then adding cold water to get the right temperature, it can not only be laborious but also fraught with the danger of scalding. It can be dangerous for children. Whereas finding the optimum temperature using a basin mixer is so much easier and convenient. You can get just one flow of water at the precise temperature your desire.
- 4. Economy: To prevent too much water being consumed from hot and cold water supplies at once, basin mixer taps are generally fitted with a flow limiter. Therefore, you are likely to use less hot water when mixing it into a single flow, and use less cold water as well, which is good for both your energy bills and water conservation.
are the parameters you should check in a basin mixer before purchasing one?
If you are remodelling your bathroom or looking for fixtures for your new bathroom, the ubiquitous tap howsoever innocuous a device it may seem compared to other fixtures, it is the most important one and has to be chosen carefully. Especially, after the outbreak of Corona virus, the incidence of washing hands properly has gone up many folds. You will discover it the most used fixture in the bathroom. Therefore, before buying a tap for your bathroom, ensure that it is a basin mixer for its style, ease of use, convenience, better control, and economy. Plus, you should keep the following points in mind before purchasing it:
- 1. The manufacturer of the basin mixer should have a wide range of designs available.
- 2. The tap should have high quality chrome plating for sparkling finish.
- 3. A brass body for durability and reliability.
- 4. A warranty and unmatched customer service.
- 5. The tap should also be affordable
Why you should consider Essco products?
If you are buying a basin mixer with the above things in mind, you will soon discover that only branded products qualify. Stay away from non-branded goods as they won’t carry any warranties or replacement policies and they would have a limited range to choose from too. But most branded bathroom products are expensive. If you are looking for an affordable basin mixer Essco could be your saviour. It pioneered the concept of branded bath fittings in India. It is a brand with true quality, trusted service since 1960.
Unmatched Customer Service:
If you have a higher budget, you may consider purchasing a Jaquar basin mixer, which is the country’s largest brand. But if you have a lower budget, you may opt for Essco which is quite affordable. As both the brands – Essco and Jaquar are from the same Jaquar Group, by purchasing an Essco product you automatically enjoy a lot of benefits such as 10 years warranty on the product along with the strength of Jaquar’s after-sales service.
Jaquar has over 10,000 dedicated workforces present in 45+ countries and that means Essco customers can get solid after-sales-service across the country, which very few branded bathroom manufacturers can match.
Essco products are manufactured in India on the principles of Jaquar Group with respect to product quality & customer support in the value segment. It has one of Asia’s most advanced manufacturing setup spread over 3,29,000 sq. meters. Essco offers all your bathroom needs for affordable housing and value segment through its strong network of over 4000 dealers across the country.
Nickle Chrome Test:
Essco’s products have high-quality chrome plating for durability and sparkling finish. They use 10 microns of Nickel and 0.3 microns of Chrome thickness for higher durability which is one of the best in class ratio. Quality and reliability are at par with Jaquar Group standards.
Spectro Meter Test:
Essco products undergo a quality check for the chemical composition of brass for apt standard and maintaining quality according to world standards. The brass specification is Grade DCB-2 OF IS1264-1998.
Life Cycle Test:
Essco faucets undergo 2 lac cycles of handle testing (lever operation test) for smooth movement, higher longevity and sustainability. After all the product has to last long.
Salt Spray Test:
Essco faucets are also made to undergo a salt spray test for a minimum of 200 hours which ensures they last long enough.
Hydro Leak Test + Air Leak Test:
Essco faucets are also tested for hydro and air leak tests. This ensures Essco faucets are leak-proof, work efficiently, and environment friendly with zero wastage of water.
Essco offers a wide range of newly developed faucet designs to suit all price points making it budget-friendly and design options ranging from minimalistic to classic.
Click for more information