Bathrooms don't have to be boring anymore! Make your bathroom an equally beautiful room
with a modern touch. No matter how big or small your bathroom space is, a simple refresh with
the right accessories, sanitaryware, and bathware can accentuate your entire space.
With so many creative ideas available on the internet these days, we know it can get a little too
overwhelming and confusing for you. How do you know it's the right time for a bathroom
1. When your bathroom décor is outdated and doesn't reflect your sense of style.
2. When there's a problem with the sanitaryware products, they are damaged and do not
3. When you feel there is a need for more storage space.
4. When you need more functionality. Hence, an upgrade is required.
Moreover, it can cost you a lot of time and money. The trick is to go for an upgrade that matches
your lifestyle and fits your budget. Here are a few easy & budget-friendly renovation ideas that
will motivate you to redo your bathrooms.
FOCUS ON THE SHOWER AREA
Give your day a fantastic start with a refreshing shower, rejuvenate yourself after a long day at
work! Here are a few ways you can renovate your shower area.
1. For a bucket bath, install a bibcock. Bucket bath is one of the most widely used methods
of showering in India. A bibcock is inserted on the wall and is used to fill the bucket.
2. Install an overhead shower. An overhead shower can enhance your experience and make
your bathroom look aesthetically beautiful. Today, there are various shapes and sizes of
showerheads available in the market. The showerheads come with a built-in technology
that prevents them from corrosion and hard water.
3. You can also choose a showerhead with a handheld shower. These handheld showers are
connected to a shower elbow via a hose and can be detached from the wall-mounted
holder. These flexible handheld showers can also be used for bathing pets and kids.
4. Install bath & shower mixers or diverters to control the shower functions. The significant
difference between the two is that the connection is outside the wall in mixers, and in the
case of diverters, the system is fitted inside the wall. Both the systems are used to divert
the water either towards the shower or the spout. Both mixers and diverters are used to
attain the optimum water temperature.
FOCUS ON THE WATER CLOSET/ TOILET AREA
WC is another essential component of the bathroom. WC is never a one-size-fits-all product;
therefore, choosing the right size of WC for your bathroom is vital. Once you have finalized the
size, you can select the design and type of WC. Below are a few types of Water Closets available
in the market.
1. European or Western Water Closet – The WC or EWC is one of the most common and
basic fittings available, where the toilet seat is floor-mounted, and the plastic cistern is an
2. Wall Hung WC – If you have a tiny bathroom space, then wall-hung WCs are
recommended. The cistern for flushing is fitted inside the wall, and only the flush plates
are visible in the wall-hung system. The wall-hung WC lends a minimalistic look to your
3. Floor Mounted WC – Floor-mounted WCs are the most widely used WCs. These are
installed independently, and most of their components are visible and accessible, making
them simple to maintain.
FOCUS ON THE BASIN AREA
Another essential aspect of the bathroom is the basin area. Basin comes in various shapes and
sizes, depending on whether you want a modern, classic, rustic, antique, or industrial bathroom.
Basins come in different shapes and sizes. Here are a few types of basins you can choose from:
1. Table Top Basin: Table Top Basin stands on top of a vanity unit or workbench, giving
the impression that a separate bowl can move. Providing a modern and luxurious look,
the table top basins are ideal for any bathroom type. Available in various forms and sizes,
these table top basins can transform the complete interior of your bathroom. You can use
a ceramic mounted basin mixer, counter-mounted tallboy, or wall-mounted basin mixers
with table top basins.
2. Wall-Hung Basin: These basins are fixed in the wall as per the height preference of the
customer. Economical and easily accessible, the main benefit of wall-hung basin is that it
doesn't require any counter, and saves space. Also, the waste pipe is covered with either a
full pedestal or a half pedestal.
FOCUS ON THE FAUCETS
Faucets are another essential aspect that you should consider when you are planning to renovate
your bathroom. Selected basis mounting type and functionality, faucets can make or break your
Bathroom renovation is an investment, and you surely want to get the best. Make sure you keep
your space and overall décor in mind before getting into bathroom designing. Make beautiful yet
affordable bathrooms with Essco.